Project Brand Yourself a Librarian
We are librarians and we are proud.
I was really influenced by Andy Woodworth’s AMAZING People for a Library Themed Ben and Jerry’s campaign in my idea for Project Brand Yourself a Librarian. There is just so much excitement with that project. It really showed me how much love libraries have from their public and just how dedicated librarians are to their career.
It’s really simple. If you’re up for it, let’s all get tattoos to show our support for libraries and librarians. We are who we are. We are librarians! Let’s show the world how proud we are!
Let’s do this at the ALA Annual Conference (June 24-29). If you’ve got ideas on a tattoo parlor, leave a comment. I’ll gladly be in charge of setting up an appointments for everyone (we should all go together).
1. DOESN’T IT HURT? Honestly, it’s not that bad. I myself am very scared of needles but I don’t mind getting tattoos. The worst part is the healing. WHY? It itches…
2. BUT IT’S FOREVER! Be proud to be a librarian! Do you think you’ll be leaving this profession? See, you won’t.
3. I’VE ALWAYS WANTED ONE…and this is a great chance to finally get one! Think about it! Who else can say that they got their tattoo with a bunch of librarians?
(my tattoo, 1 week after getting it. Healing mode. ——->)
- The Unabashed Fervor Surrounding #alamw10 « PC Sweeney's Blog
- Are you ready to get Branded? | MemberBlog
- Brand Yourself With 8bitlibrary! « The Information Activist Librarian
- Library Tattoos | Just for Fun « Book Mobilize
- Uh huh, oh yeah, one more time – LIBRARY STYLE! « The life and times of Library Lea
- » Challenge of being outside a library: librarian stereotypes Nena Schvaneveldt, MS(LIS)
- “Lee o muere” o De bibliotecarios tatuados | musgobib
- “Lee o muere” o De bibliotecarios tatuados « Super-Furry-Librarian
- sant singh maskeen
- Acne, Advertising, Aerobics & Cardio, Affiliate Revenue, Alternative Medicine, Attraction, Online Auction, Streaming Audio & Online Music, Aviation & Flying, Babies & Toddler, Beauty, Blogging, RSS & Feeds, Book Marketing, Book Reviews
- World’s Strangest | 11 Amazing Librarian Tattoos
- Библиотеки и молодёжь » Тату как бренд
- Getatoeëerde bibliothecarissen | Tenaanval
- PROJECT BRAND YOURSELF A LIBRARIAN: Lauren Comito
- Video Game Collection Development (UPDATE!)
- Save the Date: National Library Unconference Day ’11
- What type of media belongs in a library? (or, Who Are We?)
- Library PC gaming needs love too
- Fighting Fire with Free Speech: Protest Book Burning on 9/11
- Amateur Video Game Composers
- Banned Books Week ’10 Machinima
- Simple & Easy Shared Library Ideas (via Infolink)
- National Gaming Day ’10 / HELP!